Lily of the Valley
The Lily of the Valley is a typical wedding flower. It is the ideal flower because of its versatility when it comes to incorporating it into wedding décor, its delicious and calming fragrance, and its symbolism of purity and innocence.
Lily of the Valley is also known by its botanical name Convallaria Majalis. Wedding designers use the convallaria mostly to create a romantic and feminine atmosphere.
Lily of the Valley Care Tips
- Cut the stems at a 45-degree angle to ensure maximum water uptake.
- Remove any leaves that will be below the water line in the vase, as they can create bacteria that will shorten the life of the flowers.
- Fill a vase with clean, lukewarm water and add a floral preservative. Follow the instructions on the packet to ensure proper dosage.
- Place the convallaria stems in the vase and arrange them as desired. Keep the vase out of direct sunlight and away from drafts.
- Keep the vase away from ethylene-producing fruits, such as bananas and apples, as they can cause the flowers to deteriorate more quickly.
- Change the water in the vase every two days or as soon as it becomes cloudy. Recut the stems at a 45-degree angle each time you change the water.
- If the convallaria flowers start to wilt, try recutting the stems and placing them in hot water for a few minutes. This can help to revive them.