About Tulip Black Hero
Velvety double flowers with a maroon luster ride atop long, strong stems.
Tulip Black Hero
Tulip Black Hero is a stunning very dark purple - almost black - black double tulip on very long stems. Not too large-headed, so great for designs.
Related to Queen of Night
In 1984 the double-flowered sport of Tulip Queen of Night was discovered, it was named Tulip Black Hero. Colored in the same deep purplish black Tulip Black Hero has very full double flowers and is one of the highest tulips available, especially for a double tulip.
Tulip Care Tips
- Cut the stem 2-3 cm with a clean, sharp knife or scissors.
- Place the flowers in a clean vase with fresh water and use flower food in the correct dose. This will keep the leaves firm and green, the flowers will keep their beautiful colors better, and the tulips will last much longer.
- If the tulips are bent, leave the tulips wrapped in paper or foil for about an hour. This will straighten up the stem.
- Place the flowers in a cool place and keep them away from sunlight and drafts.
- When the water gets cloudy, just repeat these steps. Tulips grow, so the 2-3 cm you cut off will probably have grown back again.