Tulip Queen of Night
Tulip Queen of Night is a deep velvety-maroon flower, that appears as glistening black in dappled sunlight. Although not truly black it has deep dark purple-black blooms.
Queen of Night is also called the original 'black' Tulip. The colors make it a dramatic tulip. A stunning heirloom and famous in the world of flower bulbs.
Tulip Care Tips
- Cut the stem 2-3 cm with a clean, sharp knife or scissors.
- Place the flowers in a clean vase with fresh water and use flower food in the correct dose. This will keep the leaves firm and green, the flowers will keep their beautiful colors better, and the tulips will last much longer.
- If the tulips are bent, leave the tulips wrapped in paper or foil for about an hour. This will straighten up the stem.
- Place the flowers in a cool place and keep them away from sunlight and drafts.
- When the water gets cloudy, just repeat these steps. Tulips grow, so the 2-3 cm you cut off will probably have grown back again.